Keukenhof, meaning “kitchen garden”, is a flower garden located in South Holland. It is known as the Garden of Europe and is 72 acres in area. In 1857, the architect Jan David Zocher and his son Louis Paul Zocher both redesigned the garden. It wasn’t until 1949 when 2o bulb-experts decided to make Keukenhof a permanent flower exhibit. The garden is home to 7 million flower bulbs. Famous for their tulips, the garden also has hyacinths and daffodils.